The Director, Customer Marketing - Omnichannel is accountable for the planning, development and executional oversight of the strategic marketing business plan and activity calendar for E-Commerce. This individual is also a key link across business partners influencing the end-to-end customer omnichannel journey, providing customer perspective, and ensuring marketing support for these business partners aligns with business priorities and ultimately drives sales to achieve BU financial commitments. The Director is the key marketing business partner with E-Commerce and Central Operations on their omnichannel initiatives.
- Strategic development and leadership of the marketing business plans across .ca, online grocery, access, through strong understanding of Market Segmentation, Consumer, Category, and Competitive insights to build comprehensive omnichannel and e-commerce specific marketing strategies
- Leverage insights and analytics for critical thinking and strategic and tactical planning relative to annual and quarterly marketing plan development and ensure alignment and support of the plans with key business partners within e-commerce and merchandising
- Align and influence cross functional leaders within Marketing, E-Commerce, Merchandising and Operations teams to integrated omnichannel annual plans. Test, learn and provide continuous improvements year-over-year in partnership with the commercialization team. Contribute to, and lead development of process project management of marketing plans to deliver executional excellence with marketing, operational and .ca partners.
- Lead the development of a 52-week activity/event calendar for the organization that influences and guides the overall corporate activity plan. Lead activity planning process that leverages consumer and market data to develop a comprehensive marketing business brief. Lead direct report to ensure integration of individual SBU plans into multiple SBU cross category events work with organizational planning partners (.ca, op’s, merch, marketing, etc.) to ensure planning and execution of plans are integrated and delivered with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lead the continuous improvement of customer strategy and plans to deliver a seamless omnichannel customer experience.
- Accountable for the omnichannel integration of the category/seasonal programs including full post evaluation COE's and providing recommendations for future changes and improvements to the corporate programs ongoing. Guide direct report to ensure category prioritization for all major seasonal events, to ensure that appropriate resources are dedicated to marketing seasonal campaigns, to integrate e-commerce as well as in-store priorities, all in line with consumer participation rates and intended spend rates.
- Project management accountability ensuring the overall e-commerce and omnichannel marketing programs are delivered according to plan and budget. Align financial and business support for SBU marketing programs. Ensure all key marketing initiatives are followed with the initial Marketing communications plan, partner with Marketing communications team on overseeing budget management on monthly and annual basis.
- Functional leadership developing and managing talent, specifically Marketing Manager direct report. Providing direction, leadership and priorities, ongoing coaching and development an engaged team with strong AES results. Role model cultural behavior and help build cross-functional high performing matrix teams; Cultivate relationships with US and International counterparts to share best practices & insights.
Canada Walmart Division
- Process project management savvy
- Insights/customer-minded & analytical
- Omni-channel/digital marketing savvy
- Direct experience in e-commerce an asset
- Communications skills – leading meetings, work sessions, brainstorming, planning sessions, iterations and briefing development discussions; presentation skills
- People management/leadership